At PDX Wearable Health Lab our Mission is to make the Portland, Oregon area a center of excellence in the fast-moving wearable health space.
As a reflection of what we consider to be the “Portland Thing” in our entrepreneurial community, we operate on a short list of shared values:
- Health is the domain with the greatest potential for improvement through technology
- We want to make Portland the epicenter for open development tools for wearable health technology
- Wearable health technology must assist and never exploit the individual
- Individuals should own, have full access to, and control over their personal health data
- We want to build an organization that is sustainable and independent
- We will share all information created following the principles of the open source community
We will create an open platform for inventors of wearable health devices. We will surround this effort with locally-sourced talent that can help in a variety of areas (hardware engineering, programming, industrial design, legal, marketing, etc.) Our initial aim will be to complete a project which will give us visibility, credibility and momentum to build an official organizational structure.